The Fitbit Flex 2 is a slim, waterproof activity tracker that automatically tracks your daily activity, including swimming at a great entry level price. One advantage for the Flex 2 is you don’t have to wear it 2 as a wristband. There are stylish bangle and pendant accessories to to hold the removable Fitbit tracker so you can mix and match accordingly. However, if you want the bangle or pendant holder for the Flex 2, you’ll have to purchase them separately. The Silver Bangle or Pendant is slightly cheaper at $79.99, compared to the Gold Bangles (Gold or Rose Gold) or Pendant’s $89.99 price tag. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to buy the bangle or pendant as a package with the tracker; the wristband must be purchased to get the Flex 2 tracker.
This tracker does need to be charged every four to five days. Instead of viewing your activity and notifications on a screen, the Flex 2 relies on LED light indicators that flash different colors to let you know when you’ve reached an activity milestone or that you’ve received a text message or phone call. The fact that the Flex 2 doesn’t have a display keeps the battery life higher and price lower making it a great entry level device with a sleek design that fits into your lifestyle.
- Removable Fitbit Flex 2 tracker
- 2 Classic wristbands (small and large)
- Charging cable
Sensors & Components
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Vibration motor
- LED display with 5 indicator lights
- Tap twice to see progress against your Main Goal
Battery and Power
We recommend charging your Fitbit Flex 2 every few days to ensure that you’re always tracking.
Battery life up to 5 days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary.
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Saves 7 days of detailed motion data—minute by minute
- Saves daily totals for past 30 days
Fitbit Flex 2 is the first swim-proof device from Fitbit, meaning it is water resistant to 100 meters. After swimming or getting the band wet, we recommend drying off the band because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band is clean and dry. We do not recommend wearing Flex 2 in a hot tub or sauna. See Fitbit product care for more details.
If the band gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on. Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off every now and then. More information available at Fitbit Product Care.
The Fitbit Flex 2 wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. Flex 2 also has a surgical-grade stainless steel clasp.
- Operating temperature: 14° to 113° F
- Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
Syncing & Notifications
Using Bluetooth LE wireless technology, Fitbit Flex 2 sends smartphone notifications and syncs automatically to computers and 200+ mobile devices. Smartphone notifications may require Android 5.0+. Look up your device to check compatibility.
- Syncing range: Up to 30 feet
- Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync.
- Syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, Android 4.4 and later, and Windows 10 devices.